What We Did
1. Project preparation / Drafting
The first stage of inner analysis is SEO audit. After that, we created a semantic core (a list of all keywords), and then — determined the final structure of a website. Using a basic checklist we established a list of recommendations and implemented them. These included duplicate content, errors, dead links, sitemap, new pages creation, etc.
While creating a semantic core don’t forget to check all the similar keywords related to cities, regions, brands, models, professions, etc., in order to get more traffic.
The website is optimized, new web pages are created (using all the keywords from a semantic core), there is a relevant content there. We continue promoting the site.
2. Website promotion
We offered several strategies to the client. He preferred a White Hat, based on the long-term perspective and reliability. Under such an approach, however, the spam strategies are completely excluded.
We built links only from trusted websites to get a smooth and gradual growth. This case is about quality over quantity.
Link building profile
- Articles. The main emphasis was made to these links. Some of them were paid, some were free.
- Trusted catalogs, web boards.
- Free blogs
- Photo/video content services
- Several regional .edu
- Review sites
- Job sites
As you can see, we didn’t do anything totally new, just created a complex link profile with different types of links that allowed us to avoid filters.
What key figures to pay attention to when choosing a “donor”:
- Subject, topics. If limited, switch to mass media.
- Average traffic (strive to choose platforms with 1000+ users per day).
- Watch a number of outbound links to eliminate the risk of putting a link to a website which sells links.
- Website shouldn’t be blocked by web filters.
- Additional minor advantages: Alexa <300 000.
This information should be more than enough to make a decision. If the site has 1-2k of daily traffic most likely the key figures are already good enough. Get creative and check the traffic on SimilarWeb too!
– First, use branded anchors only, URL, expert name (if there’s one), e.g.: mirainet, http://mirainet.pro/, Mirai Net, Alexander Lysak, etc, do so within 1-2 months.
– Then start adding broad match keywords. If you’re selling laptops, then you might consider adding the keywords: buy reliable laptop, cheap laptop for under 500, etc. Using broad match keywords is enough to be ranked among TOP 10.
– If you see the keyword is highly competitive and you want it to be on your website, начинаем точечно ставить прямое вхождения, e.g.: buy laptop. It should be made with caution given that прямых вхождений should form no more than 5-7% of the whole anchor list.
Don’t forget to add links from your site and “donors” to your articles, which you’re going publish in the next 2-3 and coming months. It will help a little to additionally upgrade links.